The company of “Moteurs Salmson” was from 1913 to 1962 one of the leading French aeronautical and automobile manufacturers alongside Hispano-Suiza, neighbouring planes, Renault or Lorraine-Dietrich.
Founded in Billancourt by Émile Salmson, an engineer who designs aircraft engines since 1908, the SMS takes off during the First World War by having manufacture for air reconnaissance then the bombardment three thousand two hundred biplanes 2A2, production of the first order, whether in terms of quality or quantity.
From an unequalled range of action, it will be the first plane of the future Aéropostale. Starting from 1919, the manufacturer, which already employs more than six mil employees, launches into the manufacture of automobiles.
While during the First World War the SMS built airplane engines, and Salmson biplanes. 2A2, magnetos, machine tools and woodworking machines, it was on the death of the founder Émile Salmson, in 1917, that the Salmson sons took over the succession of the various companies.
In 1919, they left the SMS, and the new shareholders named Jean Heinrich director. The SMS chooses the conversion of its activities to the speed, and beyond the aviation, to the manufacture of automobiles.
The production of Salmson can be summarised in three successive periods.
In the first place, from 1919 to 1929 with Cyclecars, carts and cars. This period will remain marked by many victories in competitions.
Then, from 1929 to 1953 with the production of reliable and luxurious family automobiles, namely the different types of S4 models up to the “hike”.
Finally, the last period from 1953 to 1957 with coaches or Berlinettes 2300s who dedicate the return of Salmson in competition, but does not allow the brand to straighten up.
The ad therefore concerns a Salmson 2300 S of 1955 Grey Metallic (original color), completely restored chassis, bodywork, mechanics ( invoices and an expenditure tracking table are supplied).
Engine has 300 KMS since complete restoration. Bearings mounted on pads, modified block with sealing test (porous original block, supplied with car) and remanufactured, balanced flywheel, cylinder head tested and also restored, in excellent condition, revised Cotal box, brakes redone. The restorations were carried out by recognized professionals.
Reliability of certain equipment: stainless steel exhaust line, electronic ignition and alternator.
The interior leathers are original because in good condition and have been preserved with a slight restoration (cleaning and staining).
repainted rims, new tires.
The car is sold with its original block plus and some parts, technical file, invoices folder, original maintenance booklet.
In addition, a historical record from its factory exit is provided with the car. It is in “carte grise de collection, FIVA folder OK, receiving the card pending.
Its price: 65 000 €
Ad Link: https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1548097695.htm/